Friday, February 13, 2009

The Intro

Normally, I'd just link this, but it's short. Here you go:
=====================================================================
They told me I was lucky to have awoken in the Inner-Down. They told me I was lucky to have found the elevation cylinder, and they told me I was lucky to have survived long enough to have been found by their advance scouts.
They’re liars. Was I lucky to have my life taken away from me? Was I lucky to have been ripped from the world I knew and cast into this hellish place? No, I would have been lucky to cut my wrists or neck on the glass. I would have been lucky if the cylinder had broken and I’d have starved inside. I would have been luckier to have been eaten by whatever demented beasts this place is sure to have. That would have been lucky.
But I just had to live. It’s amazing the circumstances that can turn a human’s indomitable will to live from his greatest asset into his biggest enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment